Aug 17, 2010

Ten on Tuesday - Improvised Edition

There is no official Ten on Tuesday topic this week so I thought that after whining about being sick yesterday, I'd list 10 things that are making me happy right now starting with this picture. It's another one that I took when we were in the mountains. Rushing water and pretty flowers are perfect together.

DSC_1014

1. I've got an awsome commuting buddy this week - Stinkette is at camp here in the city so we're commuting together. So much fun!

2. My latest potholder for the Dazzling Dozen Swap is nearly complete and I like it so much I'm tempted to keep it for myself. I won't though.

3. I'm really enjoying the book I'm reading right now. I haven't been following my reading list much but I am reading mostly good stuff.

4. On a related note, the list is out for the 2010 National Book Festival. This has something to do with me straying from my preset summer reading list because I really want to read some books by some authors I hope to see.

5. One person I don't need to prepare to see is Ree Drummond, the Pioneer Woman. I love her blog and I just need to make sure that I get to her tent early enough to grab a seat. That's going to get crowded.

6. We ate Stinkerbelle's famous roasted potatoes last night with dinner ... using potatoes that we grew ourselves! Yum!

7. I'm nearly finished with another pair of socks. Than means that I can start planning the next pair. Yay!

8. DQ is going to be away next week. That actually makes me a little sad BUT... we're getting my nephew in exchange. DQ will get to rest on the hammock with her cell phone and a book while visiting with her aunt and we'll get to show J-man a great time.

9. J-man has never seen any of DC at all! That means that Stinkette and I get to play tourist while showing him EVERYTHING! I can't wait.

10. Next week I'm taking vacation! It really doesn't get any better than that.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds like you really need the rest to prepare for everything you have next week. Yay for the good kind of busy!

Carole Knits said...

I am always so jealous that you get to go to the national book festival but this year even more so since you will get to meet Ree!