Aug 30, 2010

A Week With The J-Man AKA My Staycation

I'm back in my office today and predicatably I'll have quite a bit of catching up to do. I usually check in on things during my vacations but this time I really unplugged. I didn't pay much attention to the news or the mail or the blogs. So although I stayed home, mentally I was pretty much checked out.

So while I'm catching up I've got a quick post on what I learned over the past week. Really, it can be summed up in 3 words - boys are different. My nephew was visiting last week. I mentioned this before the vacation and referred to him as the J-Man. It turns out that he liked the name so it stays.

For the J-Man everything is better with Starbucks - especially site-seeing. He get's that from his mom.

DSC_0001

Boys have lots of energy. They tend to bounce off of and over things. Even walking down a sidewalk gets very interesting and the brief stairs at a bowling alley become very amusing.

DSC_0050

J-Man was easily converted to a Nats fan. Sitting 7th row behind the Nats dugout and scoring 2 Nats shirts (1 was a giveaway and one was caught by Bruce) at the game helped a lot!

On a related note, Stinkerbelle tried out for a select, travel, softball team over my vacation - and she made it! We are so proud and excited.

DSC_0036

The Newseum is a great place to get lost. Even though the kids were both lukewarm on going, they got really into it when we got there and we spent way longer than expected. Re-doing their news report 3 times contributed to the fun.

DSC_0033

These two cousins are very silly and get along great. There were rough moments but most of the week was spent like this...

DSC_0024

Laughing a lot and thinking of ways to make me crazy.

It was a great week but it's really nice to have both of my girls home again. I selfishly plan to keep them there for a while. Getting back to school and our regular, crazy, schedule sounds really good right now.

1 comment:

Carole Knits said...

You must be exhausted!