Jan 19, 2011

Ice Day

Schoools by us were closed yesterday due to an ice storm the night before. The kids enjoyed the unexpected extension of their holiday weekend. I was supposed to be off of work anyway for a doctor's appointment and a meeting at the school. Obviously the latter meeting never happened. Bummer for that.

On the positive side, DQ got to come to the sono with me and I think it helped a little. She's still feeling a little conflicted about things.

DSC_0713

The ice was really pretty while it lasted. Now everything is just wet.

Another plus to the day off. My girls made cookies. Is there anything better than a house that smells like cookies?

Now we're all back to the usual routine and my meeting at the school is rescheduled. Let's hope that I get it in before the bad weather returns.

3 comments:

Carole Knits said...

Oh great. Now I want cookies.

margene said...

Ice days are beautiful and a little scary. Your girls know how to make the best of a day off school

Cursing Mama said...

And this is exactly why I shouldn't take 3 weeks to get through my reader backlog! Congratulations on the day off, the knitting, and the bundle of joy!
I bet your baby ends up with the BEST BOOTIES EVER!