We got a freezing rain last night so today the schools are closed due to ice. It's a safe bet that a game or 2 will be played. What a great time to think about the games from my youth.
Here are 10 favorite games from my childhood:
- Othello - my best friend and I went through a phase where we played some pretty intense games.
- Kickball - I lived on a dead end street and we'd all gather in front of my house to play.
- Monopoly - afternoons after school in front of the fire at my friends house while we drank hot chocolate.
- Sorry - who didn't get a kick out of bumping an opponent back to home?
- Kick the can - Is there anything better on a hot summer night?
- The Game of Life - I just loved moving my little car around the board and filling it with pink and blue pegs.
- Spades - I guess this is more of a young adult than a childhood thing but I missed many classes in college because I was busy paying Spades with my sorority sisters in the cafeteria.
- Rummy-o - We played this as a family when I was a kid and we still play it today with my grandfather. Generation to generation.
- Boggle - I remember playing this with my grandmother. I'm pretty sure I never beat her at it - she was a master.
- Trivial Pursuit - I remember when this came out and how new and fun it was. Still love it.
What are your favorite childhood games?