Jan 18, 2011

Ten on Tuesday - 10 Favorite Games from your Childhood

We got a freezing rain last night so today the schools are closed due to ice. It's a safe bet that a game or 2 will be played. What a great time to think about the games from my youth.

Here are 10 favorite games from my childhood:

  1. Othello - my best friend and I went through a phase where we played some pretty intense games.
  2. Kickball - I lived on a dead end street and we'd all gather in front of my house to play.
  3. Monopoly - afternoons after school in front of the fire at my friends house while we drank hot chocolate.
  4. Sorry - who didn't get a kick out of bumping an opponent back to home?
  5. Kick the can - Is there anything better on a hot summer night?
    DSC_0710
  6. The Game of Life - I just loved moving my little car around the board and filling it with pink and blue pegs.
  7. Spades - I guess this is more of a young adult than a childhood thing but I missed many classes in college because I was busy paying Spades with my sorority sisters in the cafeteria.
  8. Rummy-o - We played this as a family when I was a kid and we still play it today with my grandfather. Generation to generation.
  9. Boggle - I remember playing this with my grandmother. I'm pretty sure I never beat her at it - she was a master.
  10. Trivial Pursuit - I remember when this came out and how new and fun it was. Still love it.

What are your favorite childhood games?

1 comment:

Carole Knits said...

I have those same memories of Life! I remember playing cards with my Nana, she taught me to play Solitaire and I still think of her whenever I play.