What is it about this post holiday period that makes the cold air outside seem so much more harsh? Or is it just me? I think it was colder a week or so ago and I know that it was windier then but somehow now it seems more depressing.
Oh, well. Nothing to do about it but bundle up and pray for and early Spring. Unless it snows. That is totally a different story. Then I'll be just like one of the kids sitting at the window, watching it fall and hoping for more. I don't think I'll ever be too old to love a nice, fresh, snowfall. I can't imagine living in a place without occasional snow.
In the same vein, today is all about things we wouldn't want to live without. Not people because that really just goes without saying, but the stuff. What makes our lives richer? What brings a smile to our face every time we use it? What is so much a part of our everyday that not having it there is unthinkable?
- Books - I just can't imagine what I'd do without reading material.
- My Computer - sad but true. I suppose that like so many of us I am addicted to the internet.
- My Watch - There are plenty of people who never wear one who'd say that a life spent unencumbered by the pressure of time contraints would be lovely but I'm not one of them. Even when I'm sitting on a beach with nowhere else to be and no time to be there I still need my watch.
- My Camera - For capturing pretty things everywhere.
- My Refrigerator with the Icemaker - On any given day you can walk around my house and find half full glasses of water filled with ice. We drink a lot of icy water!
- Cheese - #5 is also important to hold all of our cheese.
- My Car - Sure I could walk but it's much more fun to go fast with the top open and the radio on.
- My iPod - One of the greatest inventions ever.
- Knitting Needles and Yarn - Need I say more?
- My Deck - Now that I have it, it's had to remember life with out it and I'd rather not.