Mar 29, 2012

Diving In

Me: Stinkerbelle, have you ever gotten up on the diving board and looked down and suddenly been afraid to step off? You know, you look down and you know it’s going to be cool but it just freaks you out a little.

Stinkerbelle: No.

***

That’s my girl. Never hesitates to ruin a perfectly good analogy. I’m pretty sure that she knew exactly what I meant though. At the time we had this discussion it was the night before our huge construction project started and I was feeling really apprehensive. I know that it needs to be done. I know that it’s going to be awesome when it’s finished. But I also know that getting there will suck. I learned that lesson from watching endless hours of HGTV.

IMG_0177[1]
So this is what my house looked like after day one of construction. Obviously we are in demolition phase. Mostly things have gone smoothly except for an unintended and unexpected skylight in DQ’s room. Yes, she was there when it occurred. No, neither she nor her posters were injured. Truthfully, her room needed a little airing out anyway. Just sayin’.

1 comment:

Carole Knits said...

Wow! I can't wait to see this as it progresses. Are you building up? Or adding on? Or maybe both?