Mar 15, 2012

The Kippot Report

Someone remarked to me the other day about the Bat Mitzvah being only 2 months away. I nearly bit their head off, insisting that it's two and a half. I need every minute of that to get ready. I am soooo not ready. I'm getting there though, and I have every expectation that I'll pull it off somehow.


To that end I continue to plug away at making kippot. I like them so far and they're coming pretty easy when I have the time for them. That means when I'm not holding Miss M, working, doing errands, attending meetings (scratch that, I crochet there too), helping the girls with stuff or doing any of the zillion other things I do.

DSC_0732

When I took this picture I had 22 kippot finished. Now there are 28. I'm sure I won't get anywhere near the 80 I made for DQ but I really think that 60 is a reasonable goal. It's a loose goal. The real one is to keep going until the yarn or the time runs out. It's not hard to keep going and it's even easier now, after a Bat Mitzvah I was at over the weekend. My friend had a family member make kippot for her daughters celebration and told me that it was inspired by me. Then, at the party I met someone from our congregation who said that he was at my daughters event and kept the kippot because he liked it so much. That felt so good. Appreciation is an excellent motivator.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful that you got such positive reinforcement on the ones from Lindsay's bat mitzvah. Go go go! You can do it!

Cursing Mama said...

I admire your tenacity. I dream big when it comes to things like this but never manage to follow through!