Jan 8, 2013

Ten on Tuesday - 10 Goals for 2013

Last year my goals were so big and so clear. There was so much going on. This year it's different. It's like I'm still living in the post-everything glow. Is that even a thing?

IMG_0714[1]

Even though I feel really good about things there is always more to do. More hopes, more dreams, and more stuff I keep meaning to do.

  1. Go on a vacation - I have been trying to take my family away for a real vacation for the longest time but there is always some reason it won't work.  Jobs, exams at school, softball practice, etc, etc, etc... in short, commitments of all kinds.  This is the year I'm gonna get it done.
  2. Bake some bread - it's such a simple pleasure.  Baking bread makes the house smell wonderful and it's delicious.  I used to make it years ago but it's been far too long.
  3. Get in better shape - I'm not promising to loose tons of weight or work out regularly.  I just want to do better this year than I did last year.  
  4. Spin - my wheels are packed away and I need to give them a little workout again.
  5. Go to a fiber festival of some kind - Maryland Sheep and Wool is out for the third year in a row and that makes me very sad.  I'm really hoping that I get to go to another one.  It's been too long since I immersed myself among the wool fumes.
  6. Start working on my yard - now that the house looks good I need a yard worthy of it.  On second thought, I'd probably settle for getting rid of the big dead spot where the dumpster was.  Oh yeah, that's attractive!
  7. Start composting - I have wanted to start composting at home for years.  I think it goes along with the garden that has been so neglected lately.
  8. Take an art class - I don't know if I'll do it by myself, with my daughter, or a friend - maybe all three.  I'd love to do glass blowing or even get back to my roots and sketch a little or paint.  For the first time in a really long time I'm feeling the itch.
  9. Get more settled in the re-done house - we took a little while to adjust to the way things are today and now it's time to get back to business.  Window coverings and furniture are still needed for some rooms  Gotta keep going.
  10. Make a sweater for me - I'm very good at adding stuff for me to my queue for me.  I'm even good at buying yarn for those projects.  I'm just equally good at putting off personal projects in favor of those for my family and friends.
That's it.  That's my list.  What are your goals?

4 comments:

Beverly said...

Great list! I want to encourage you with the composting. We started a compost pile when I moved in with Neal, and it has yielded some lovely black gold! It's so nice to know that we're turning all that veggie matter into something useful rather than sending it to the garbage plant.

Donna said...

Awesome list! We have not been successful with a family vacation in years. It's very frustrating! I plan on making a sweater for myself too this year. Gotta knit that stash!

Lapdog Creations said...

I've seen composting on a few lists now... I really should think about that too! Happy tot!

Carole said...

All good things, all things you can do. I used to bake bread, too, and I ought to do it again.