Apr 17, 2007

Hold Them Tight

Hokie Thoughts

Like many of you, I feel an overwhelming sadness today for what happened at Virginia Tech which is about 4 hours away from here. Last night, I held my daughters close and tried to shield them from the horror as best I could because nobody should be afraid to go to school. It's an impossible task because it seems like everyone around here has some connection to VT.

Stinkerbelle slept with us last night and the Drama Queen snuggled me before bed which is really unusual for her. I was happy to oblige them both.

* The yarn above was dyed for Sock Madness. In person it's much more burgundy (less puprley) and orange than it appears here. At the time, I just liked it, but someone later pointed out that it was Hokie colors. It seemed fitting today.

5 comments:

margene said...

It is a complete horror. I haven't stopped thinking about it and I'm far, far away. Horror like this affects us all.

Carole Knits said...

It's difficult enough to see this on the news but to live so close and have a connection to the school must be far, far worse.

Melissa said...

I just can't believe how horrible this whole situation is. Very sad.

Carol said...

This is why I can't feel bad for my "tiny" problems. This is unbearable.

somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

If this is the hank that was in the prizes pool for Sock Madness, then you will realize that I am the competitor who wrote excited news about it being in my school colors. Tonight before bed, I was curious to see if anyone has created any yarns for Hokie Hope day. I G**gled the words "Hokie Hope yarn" and viola... This post appeared in the top 10. This week has been horrible for my VA Tech family and those affected. Thanks for thinking of us.
Bunny hugs,
=:8