Apr 26, 2007

Mixed Bag

Today I feel kind of random. Maybe I’m just burnt out.

Ready for some good news? I fixed the sock last night! I grafted on the missing repeat and you can’t even tell where the join is. Not really. I can kind of see it a little bit because I know where to look - but just barely. I gave it a bath last night and now it’s blocking – AGAIN! – at home. I think that after the bath and block it'll be even harder to see the graft line.

I think that maybe the lesson I’ll take away from this (other than learning how to graft) is that performing sock surgery is not a thing to do at 1AM. On Tuesday night I was super stressed about the situation and it was a mess. By the time I got to sit down with it again last night I was feeling less panic and I could think about things more rationally. Hooray!

As if my sock stress wasn’t enough, I got hit with a big project at work yesterday. Not just any big project – a big project with a short due date. Argh!

Hmmm…. Let’s think about that one a little.


Your Job Dissatisfaction Level is 73%

Your job is a total bummer, and probably the worst job you've ever had.
Your co-workers stink. Your boss is a jerk. And your company is probably in trouble.
Think about finding a new job quickly, even if it's just a not-so-great transition job.
You've got to get out of there as quickly as you can!


I’ve got to say that this is pretty accurate. How sad is that?

My daughters are at work with their dad today. It’s take your kids to work today and his office put together fun stuff for them to do. The VeryBig company I work for is not participating. Why am I not surprised?

Speaking of my girls, please send good weather vibes our way. Stinkerbelle has a field trip tomorrow and the National Weather Service says:

FRIDAY: SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS LIKELY. HIGHS IN THE MID 70S. SOUTH WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH. CHANCE OF RAIN 70 PERCENT.

Ummm, that might throw a small damper on a field trip to the Zoo. Don’t ‘cha think so?

5 comments:

Cursing Mama said...

Sorry about work being stupid - I know the feeling far too often. If only there was another job as flexible that paid as well as the one I have now.......

In good news - your sock mojo has clearly returned!

Carole Knits said...

I'll hope for good weather for you and you hope for good weather for me. How's that?

Melissa said...

Do we work for the same company? Just joking!
Hope the field trip is dry and sunny!

Sarah-potterknitter said...

YUCK! Plan something fun for after the deadline. Even if it's just another pair of socks or an hour of uninterupted spinning.

Mei said...

Yikes! I'm sorry about your job, but I hope you get good weather so you can really enjoy your weekend!