May 10, 2007

ECF - Mystery Flower Edition

Hooray! It's Eye Candy Friday once again.

Bearded Iris'

Yes, once again I'm using an iris from my yard. Do you remember the patch of mystery flowers that I showed you the other day? This is what appeared there. How could I have forgotten these?
Surprise Iris'

Hopefully, I'll have time to appreciate these flowers more fully over the weekend. I plan to spin and knit and spend lots of quality time with my boyfriend Bob. Don't worry, hubbo knows all about my infatuation and he's totally ok with it. Bob is Bob Edwards, one of the very best things about XM radio. When I got XM a few years ago I expected to spend most of my time listening to the 80's station and Lucy, the alternative rock station among others. Ummm... not so much. I'm all about Bob! His voice is easy on my ears and he can make anything at all sound scintillating. I cannot tell you how many books I've purchased after listening to his conversation with an author. I finally figured out what makes his style so fab - he's a listener. He asks a question and then lets his guest answer fully rather than in sound bites. When he does comment it is so obvious that he's done his research and knows his subject better than they know themselves. This weekend, in honor of his 60th birthday, they're having a Bob-a-thon - 48 hours of Bob! I can't wait!

To all of those who are celebrating - Happy Mother's Day!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy Mother's Day!
I hope you and Bob have a great weekend!

Carole Knits said...

Happy Mother's Day, Hillary.

Anonymous said...

Just a note from your Sockapaloooooza pal to let you know that I got your info, and I've started on your socks! Enjoy knitting for your sock pal!