May 9, 2007

Fiber Stash Enhancement

I may only have bought a litle bit of yarn but I made up for it by buying quite a bit of fiber.

MDS&W Fiber

This isn't all of it but it's the exciting part. What you see above is (clockwise from the left) a Grafton Batt in fabulous reddish orangey shades. I was just dying to get one of these to play with. Next is some teal Colonial fiber with other colors mixed in. This is obviously another entry in my survey of different fibers.

Below that is an item from my wish list. It's a Sheep to Shoe kit from Blue Moon. I heard about these and thought that it sounded like such a cool idea. How lucky that this is what I wanted from The Fold rather than Socks that Rock. There was a crazy line at that booth all day long and by the time we got there the wall of pegs that held the STR was nearly bare - just 6 skeins of left and Felicia grabbed one. It'll be a while before I break this out but I opened the bag and felt the fiber and it is sooooo soft! I can't wait.

The last item, down in the corner, is a braid of Bonkers Superwash which will become socks for Stinkerbelle. Those are totally her colors.

In addition to what you see here, I got a pound each of BFL and Superwash Merino that are undyed. These are for me to play with. I have plans to dye up some of the BFL to go with the stuff I dyed and spun recently. I added to my collection of Cushings dye at MDS&W so, if the weather cooperates, I'll try to do the dyeing this weekend.

I have to say that so far this has been a kick-ass week and it's so tempting to shout from the rooftops but I can't do that yet so I'm gonna publish and run before I slip.

Have a great day!


6 comments:

Cursing Mama said...

GAH! You're all that fiber makes me think of spinning - first things first though I must conqure sock!

Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

Oh, I want to sit at my wheel after that! *sigh* Beautiful fibers!

Carole Knits said...

Gorgeous fibers. Have you spun the Grafton stuff before? It's wonderful and very easy to spin. Go for it!

Sarah-potterknitter said...

Yum, I want to squish it all!

margene said...

It all looks so yummy. Can I be envious? I am, oh I am!!

Carol said...

Gorgeous fiber! Good thing for me I don't spin (yet) My retirement is already in jeapordy;)