May 23, 2007

Frogged Monkeys

Picot JaywalkerLast week I started a pair of Monkey socks. Yesterday I frogged them. The yarn made me do it. At first it was just a whispered protest but it got louder and louder till I just couldn't ignore it any longer. That yarn did not want to be Monkey socks. It needed to be Jaywalkers!

Once I gave in and frogged the sock I felt so much better and, don't you think it looks better like this? I did crave a little something new so I did a picot edge on this sock. Believe it or not, I've never done that on a sock before but I really like it. DQ was watching me knit it and she commented on the edge. I'll have to file that information away for the next pair I make for her. The only drawback to the picot edge is that I had to do this sock top down instead of my usual toe up.

I do a lot of my fiber play while I watch the TV with the family. Lot's of knitting and spinning means lots of shows watched. Lately and I have to say that its been a real mixed bag. I loved the season finale of Desperate Housewives. It was just what it sould be. It was great that Mike and Susan finally got married and the surprise ending was quite unexpected. I'm sure that there will be a last minute "save" when the show returns in the fall but it's fun to ponder what would happen if there isn't. Grey's was a little annoying. I'm very over the on again off again thing between Mer and McDreamy. Enough already. Is it me or does it seem like they just keep covering the same ground and going nowhere?

The reality shows have been frustrating as well. I do watch the Amazing Race and Survivor (and I admit to it). I thought that both of them had pretty good seasons and ended well. The perfrmance shows - Dancing with the Stars and American Idol - they're becoming so overly padded with nonsense that, for me, they're nearly unwatchable. In fact, I didn't watch. Last night we watched stuff on Tivo. I figured that it was just as easy to find out who won afterward. We watched a little Law & Order and The Riches and we were much happier.

6 comments:

Carole Knits said...

My favorite sock is a picot edge and a stockinette leg and foot. Quick, mindless and very pretty. I like the picot edge with the Jaywalker, too. And I thought DH was a great season finale and I also think there will be a "save" but you never know . . .

margene said...

Smart of you to listen to the yarn. We loved Survivor this year and we're still catching up with our DVR. Most TV just isn't worth the time.

Cursing Mama said...

Frogging socks - now theres something I do like a pro ;)

DH was fantastic - Greys was not. I did hear somewhere that several Greys cast members have not been told if they will be returning next year...and Kate Walsh wasn't on that list (what with her stupid new show). Could be very interesting.

Theresa said...

Is that Regia Cotton? I love that yarn with a picot hem. Jaywalkers it is!

Sarah-potterknitter said...

Some parallels around here. I just finished my first Monkey, and (on a different pair) my first picot hem. Mine were toe up though. I still haven't done a jaywalker. Nope, not true, I frogged a couple of inches of a jaywalker last year. Wrong yarn.

Carol said...

I love your sock! The picot makes it! I'm laughing so hard right now, I just left the longest winded comment, and Blogger ate it!