Jun 23, 2009

Just a Little Picot

I'm going to work today but I'd much rather stay home and do the finishing work on a certain little dress. The rest of the knitting and most of the seaming were finished over the weekend and I've moved on to the edgings.

I'm sure that I'm repeating myself but since I learned how to finish work properly I enjoy it sooooo much. It's like magic really. This pieces of this dress were sweet and working the sides and shoulders to create seams that disappeared into the fabric was so satisfying but, as they say, nothing to write home about.

Picot Love

Then last night I turned over the first edging and fastened the hem to create the picots and I was lost to any other project for the rest of the night. I admit - I was incredibly full of myself and my wicked skillz. It's so umbecoming but I just couldn't help it. Fully dressed out with picots, that armhole goes from ok to wow and the best part is that the inside of it is just as neat. It's moments like this when I realize just how far my knitting has come and I feel so proud. Now I just can't wait to get home and work more edges.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the finished dress!

I wish I were home knitting today too :-(

Sarah said...

The finishing bits really do make a difference. I am excited to see the finished product.