No party pictures to share this week. It was a really busy weekend full of more highs and lows than usual and the only way to address it all is a list. I'll try to keep it balanced and orderly.
- My sister and her family are not going to be visiting us this week after all. I'm really disppointed about that but it's for a good reason. She got a job and starts sooner than expected. Yay. I hope that makes it easier for them to transition to their new, civilian life.
- On the other hand, my brother had to make a last minute trip to our area this week so we'll get to see him. Woot!
- DQ had her annual dance recital on Saturday and she did a great job. Not only that but the costumes weren't as hideous. Trust me - this was a huge improvement.
- My M-I-L was here for the recital. It was an, ummm... interesting visit. She returned to Florida yesterday.
- DH, Stinkette and I went to see Star Trek. It was a pretty good movie but as the credits rolled and I heard the old familiar voice intoning "Space... the Final Frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise... " I found myself tearing up. My dad loved Star Trek and I know he would've loved the movie.
- After the movie, we went to a restaurant for dinner and found a long wait. But there was no wait to eat at the high counter along the kitchen. Being total Food Network junkies, these were the perfect seats for us. We watched attentively. Those guys sure are fast and efficient.
- Saturday we heard that a very close friend got the kind of diagnosis that no woman, or anyone, ever wants to hear. In a true sign of the times, her eldest texted the news to DQ in a post that started "Guess what?". We are so worried but we know that there is nobody stronger than this friend. Pink ribbons all around and the best healing thoughts for her and her family.