Aug 31, 2009

Back to School in the Air

This weekend was all about preparing my girls for school. Clothes were bought, hair got cut and I can safely say that they will be well-supplied and look fan-freakin-tastic. I may be a little bit biased though. Now they are enjoying their last week of freedom before classes begin.

I also did quite a bit of knitting focused mostly on a certain vest. No pictures yet but I did hit a milestone. There is hope that hubbo may be wearing the vest by his birthday... and for every damn day of the next year. You think I'm kidding?

I also finished a sock. It's a very cute sock in a lovely pattern that works very well with the yarn. Sadly I have very low expectations for the yarn. I have a habit of using the extra cast on ends to mark the starting point of the sock. I just tie it up loosely doubled or tripled to shorten it so that it doesn't get abused. Simple yet effective. I've never had a problem with it until now.

When I untied this yarn I found it super fuzzy. Ridiculously so. It's not as if I was dragging it along the ground or anything but that's how it looks. I wish I had a picture but the battery in my point & shoot is dead and the DSLR was unavailable. Just picture the fuzziest yarn you've ever seen - like mohair or fun-fur. It's that bad. Just imagine what'll happen to these socks. Ugh!

What I didn't do is go to the pool, wash the car, weed or do just about anything at all outside. It's a shame too because the weather this week is supposed to be getting a bit more fall-like. Good for getting in a back-to-school frame of mind but not so much for going to the pool.

1 comment:

Carole Knits said...

Dale starts school tomorrow and Hannah goes back on Wednesday. And Dale starting school means I'll be getting up at 5am again. UGH.