Oct 6, 2009

Ten on Tuesday - 10 Things We Love About Fall

The topic for today's Ten on Tuesday is supposed to be 10 Things You Want But Can't Afford but these days, when my husband is out of work again, that covers way too much and - really - it's kind of depressing. So Carole and I decided to switch it up a little and go positive with our own alternative topic - 10 Things We Love About Fall. Revel in that which makes you smile!

Pumpkin - still growin'

  1. Pumpkins! - this one is growing in our side yard. It's amazing to see it go. It seems to double in size from one day to the next. I see pumpkin bread and jack-o-lantern in our future.
  2. Apples - Yum! Apple sauce and apple pie are favorites.
  3. Fall colors - the leaves start turning and when the light catches them just so it's breathtaking.
  4. The cool, crisp, air - the humidity is gone and it's just so nice to be outside, relaxing.
  5. Craft fairs - there aren't so many of them in the summer because nobody wants to be out in the humidity. I love seeing all the pretty and clever things people create.
  6. The smell of wood burning - sitting on the deck last night I caught a whiff of someones fire. Sadly we don't have a fireplace but I'm very thankful that others around me do.
  7. Apple cider - when it's warm and it's been mulled it's just wonderful.
  8. Halloween - as we walk through the neighborhood with the girls we see friends and it just feels so good to be a part of a vibrant community. Of course the candy doesn't suck either.
  9. My birthday - it comes very close to Halloween and the two have always been inextricably connected for me.
  10. Wearing wool again - I can finally wear all the socks I knit over the summer

What do you love about the Fall?

1 comment:

Carole Knits said...

Our lists are so similar! I'm glad we switched the topic and now we need to think of a new one for next week, too.