Jun 15, 2006

Yarn Containment

I saw this meme today at Cara’s and I’m almost afraid to post it but curiosity has gotten the best of me.

Please leave a one-word comment that you think best describes me — it can only be one word long. Then copy and paste this into your blog so that I may leave a word about you. (Please note that I can’t visit “anonymous” commenters so please add your blog info if you’ve got one.)

Yarn Containment This is one of the many purchases I made this past Sunday at Ik*a. It’s my new yarn containment device. As you can see by the 2 baskets in front of it, it doesn’t quite hold everything but it’s a real improvement. On the top shelf is my sock yarn. Then come the magazine shelf, the book shelf, some of the most recent additions to my collection of cotton, WIP, and all the way at the bottom are my new spinning supplies. What you can’t see in the picture are the stack of binders filled with patterns that is sitting on the floor, the other basket, shopping bag and the cabinet filled with yet more yarn. As I sat and pondered it the other night DH said to me “don’t tell me you think you need another one.” I do but not now. For now I’m happy because we can once again see the coffee table and the floor of the living room. It’s a start. Right?

I’ll show you some of the other stuff soon but its part of a huge and exciting project. All I can say is that we’re pulling a little While You Were Out on Stinkerbelle. She has no clue and I like it that way.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I like it.
and my one word is.....friendly. (In a good way you know...not like when you say someone who's a little too drunk was "friendly")

Krista said...

Oh, I love the shelf. I need something to show off my yarn. It's all in boxes in my closet. I'll have to make a trip up to Ik** this summer!