Sep 9, 2008

Here's Francie

DSC_0669As I mentioned yesterday, last weekend when I wasn't taking pictures of the deluge, I was knitting and it was very productive. I finished one project but I can't show on the blog yet because it's a gift. I can give you the Rav link though (here) because the giftee isn't on Ravelry. By the time it appears on the blog there will be matching accessories - a hat and booties I hope.

Speaking of Ravelry and stuff I did last weekend - Francie finally has a picture. I started this pair of socks way back in June but for some inexplicable reason I never even got through the cuff ribbing. Since then I've moved the pathetic excuse for a sock from one basket or bag to another without knitting a single stitch. In the spirit of clearing out WIPs I picked this up again and now I hope to finish this pair of socks before the weather really gets cold. Or something like that.

Believe it or not, this isn't the only progress I've made lately. There is another WIP that's getting a bit of love lately and may even hit a milestone later this week that warrants a post. I think that being at a place in my life where there is just way too much going on and a lot of it is out of my control, it feels really good to knit because I can totally control that and the progress feels really good.

1 comment:

Carole Knits said...

The socks are great and I love how the yarn matches your pedicure!