Jan 6, 2009

Year in Words and Pictures

DSC_0634My house is a nightmare right now. There is nothing quite like an impending visit from all of your nearest and dearest, some of whom have never been to your home before, to make you look around and say "Ugh!" That's kind of where we're at right now and circumstances prohibit a huge shopping spree to replace everything that is run down and sad. What to do? Paint! Oh yes, this is just a small representation of the many paint cans that we've brought home lately.

I know I don't have to do it and if one more person tells me that things don't have to be perfect I think I'll scream. I know they're just trying to help but, seriously, it's not as if I don't know that the earth won't stop rotating if the flowers aren't just so. I just want it to be right.

So now you know where my head it at and why I have no pictures of what I've been working on. I have a finished object and a bunch of lace to share but no pictures yet due to general disarray in my home and my brain.

Since it's still close enough to the start of the new year to get away with year in review stuff I'm going to re-do a meme I enjoyed last year. I grabbed the first sentence or 2 from the first post of each month and I also went through the pictures posted during the month and chose one that I liked most or felt represented the month best. Note that very few, if any, of these pictures relate to the text. I hope that you enjoy it.

January - Happy New Year!
7

February - These pictures are really fresh. I took them yesterday during my lunch break.
CIC Guard Shoots

March - Hubbo returned late last night. Whew! I am so relieved.
DSC_0039

April - I think that running into your hairdresser on the street when your having a bad hair day has to be a bad sign.
DSC_1148

May - I took this picture last night when I got home. The light was just so nice and warm just before sunset.
DSC_0649

June - Stinkerbelle and I went shopping on Saturday. We hit a certain home improvement store where we walked up and down the aisles chanting "shower, pipe, cedar, spigot, tile" over and over again.
Green Eyed Girls

July - This has been one of the rainiest seasons in recent memory and, while rain isn't a lot of fun, it's been great for the growth of stuff both inside and out.
DSC_0350

August - I was unexpectedly absent from the blog last week because my family suffered another loss. Just 10 months after I lost my father, my husband has lost his.
DSC_0441

September - Blah, blah, blah... can't believe the summer is over. Blah, blah, blah... kids are back to school.
DSC_0664

October - Today is the second day of Rosh Hashanah, a holiday on which I had hoped to debut Sahara.
DSC_0203

November - After a really cold week it warmed up to create the perfect setting for some of our weekend activities.
DSC_0476

December - How was your weekend? Mine was not quite as lazy as I had hoped.
DSC_0568

There it is, my 2008. Onward into 2009.

3 comments:

Carole Knits said...

Painting always seems simple but it can be time consuming! I hope it all works out the way you want. Excellent year in review.

Cursing Mama said...

Thank goodness I have a year before I will start the crazy OMG! People will be in my house! thing..... hopefully... it's when Gameboy is scheduled to graduate.... ;)

Funny! Word verification today - faint

Anonymous said...

Great post, Hillary. You've taken some really beautiful photos over the year!