I wasn't going to do the list today. Mostly because I just can't think of 10 pies I love but, now I've got pie on the brain so I'm putting together my abbreviated list so that I can get on with the things tha rightfully ought to be cluttering my brain.
- Apple - I prefer mine with an oatmeal crumble top. I simply cannot resist a good apple pie and I've been told that I make a pretty good one too.
- Blueberry - My mom says that she only made it once or twice when I was little but the memory of picking blueberries from our neighbors bushes to make pie is so strong that I've planted 4 blueberry bushes around my house in the hope of growing enough to make pie. It's hasn't happened yet but there's always next year.
- Cherry - Just yum!
- Pumpkin - It just goes perfectly with Thanksgiving.
- Key Lime - I can just imagine the wonderful tartness now.
- Lemon Chiffon - It can be too sweet sometimes but the occasional small piece is fab.
- Pecan - This is actually Bruce's favorite but it's grown on me over the years.
- Shoo Fly Pie - I was introduced to it when we went out to Amish county in Pennsylvania many years ago. Good times!
That's it. As I suspected I didn't quite have 10 but I was closer than I thought. Now i really want apple pie in the worst way!