Jan 24, 2008

Stop Me Before I Order Again

DSC_0166Look what arrived today.Would you believe that this is my 4th KP order in 90 days? Please don't tell me if they have new spring colors coming in. Ditto for new yarns. Most of all, I do not need to know if they have a sale. Just. Don't. Tell. Me. Okay?

In all fairness to myself, I can mitigate this a little by saying that almost all of it is for specific projects and that quite a bit of it has been knit up before it ever became stash.

DSC_0165Part of this new purchase was red Cotlin for a baby sweater. Hubbo's cousin just had a little boy so I finally have a reason to make the Pea Pod Baby Set. Yay! I thought about using this yarn in green but it looked a little bright online and in the catalog and I just wasn't sure about that shade. I always love red on babies so that seemed a safe bet. I opened the box last night and started petting the yarn and the next thing I knew I was casting on.

It's kind of weird because all of a sudden I feel like my knitty mojo is working again and I just can't knit enough. Right now I'm working on the sock-du-jour, Sahara, a hat, and the baby sweater. These are all active projects. The sock is better for travelling. Sahara is pretty mindless right now. The hat is limited because it's stealth knitting. the baby sweater is fun because it's new and it ought to be quick. All of these are working for me and turning out well right now. I just need to keep up the pace because I've got another big sweater project, more slippers and many more socks that I need to get to straight away. gotta go knit.

3 comments:

Carole Knits said...

It sounds like you're on a knitting roll. Good for you!

Cursing Mama said...

I'm a big fan of the kp color cards - I ended up ordering them as a fail safe after buying some yarn whose color wasn't at all what I was expecting.

Carol said...

It's back! Yay! Did you hear about Kni.........