Feb 12, 2009

Shedir A La Tobester

There is so much going on these days and quite a bit of it ticks me off. Thank goodness for Salma Hayek and Captain Sully to provide the antidote. Good news from people worthy of admiration is always welcome. To those in the media I humbly request that you please keep bringing us stories like these.
***
My needles have been quite busy lately. Much of it is new but I'm trying to finish some UFO's too. The first to be crossed off my list was this chemo cap. The was supposed to be for my S-I-L Toby but sadly I wasn't fast enough and she never even saw it. After she died, I just couldn't look at it so I put it away for quite a while. recent events have me feeling more positive so I took it out and knit all those positive feelings into the hat and we're going to donate it in her name. I hope that it'll bring someone else a bit of comfort.

DSC_0838
The pattern is Shedir knit up in Brooks Farm Four Play. I just love this yarn. It's soft and the silk gives it a fabulous sheen.

DSC_0832
I took these pictures using a new toy that I don't think I've mentioned here before - my new macro lens. Yum! It an AF-S Micro-NIKKOR 60mm f/2.8G ED lens and I'm still getting used to it. I love how close I can get with it.

DSC_0837
I took these pictures on Tuesday using myself to model the hat. Taking pictures of the top of your own head is super hard but it was such a gloriously warm day that any excuse to stay out in the sun was welcome. I really can't wait for spring so that I can take my camer and wander around the city more.

1 comment:

Carole Knits said...

The hat is beautiful and a wonderful tribute to Tobey.