Feb 24, 2009

Stinkette's New Mitts

Last week as I packed for our NY trip I pondered the projects to take with me and declared that 2 of them would be done by the time I returned home on Sunday. Happily I rocked it out and by the time we pulled in to the driveway I had hit my goal - just barely.

DSC_0938

The last of the three projects I wanted to complete last week was this pair of fingerless gloves for Stinkerbelle. She chose the yarn for them, a skein of Scarlet Fleece Painted Merino, well over a year ago and it had been marinating in the stash ever since. It turned out to be a very nice yarn that was perfectly suited to this project. It created a very pleasing fabric that was soft but solid. And I love the many shades of blue and purple. They give just enough interest without obscuring the pattern at all. You can easily see the difference between the stockinette on one side of the ripple and the seed stitch on the other.

DSC_0939

The pattern was the Nalu Mitts by Leila Raabe (Rav link). It was so well written and presented nicely in a clear and easy to follow format. Just perfect. No complaints at all.

DSC_0940

So the real test of a project is - does the recipient like it? Happily that is a resounding yes. Stinkette was so thrilled with her new fingerless gloves that she cheerfully cooperated with me when I wanted to take pictures yesterday morning. Not only that but she hasn't taken them off since I handed them over to her. She's even sleeping with them on. I call that a huge success.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the mitts! I'm not sure how I had never run across that pattern. They look like a perfect fit and the yarn was a great match too!

Vicki Knitorious said...

Those are so cute! I love that last photo. ; )

Carole Knits said...

They are perfect and she looks so cute in that last photo!