It is much easier to appreciate pretty pictures of snow when it's not quite as cold out.
Don't you think so?
When they ask about the Ten Best Movies You've Seen Lately I'm guessing they're talking about recent movies that you saw in the theatre and unfortunately I don't get to the movies nearly as often as I'd like to. Thankfully I choose carefully so most of what I see are winners. But still, the ten best? Add in a few I plan to see before the Oscars and you've got my year in movies.
- Up In The Air - Two words... George Clooney. I can't say that this was a really uplifting movie but it was entertaining with a worthwhile message and many parts made us laugh out loud.
- Away We Go - We laughed out loud at this one too and in the end we left feeling uplifted.
- Star Trek - I am really not a sci-fi fan at all but my dad was so this was all about nostalgia for me. Happily it was also unexpectedly good. I would even consider seeing a sequel.
- Sherlock Holmes - This was such a fun movie. Jude Law was good and Robert Downey Jr. was in top form. So much fun.
- Inglourious Basterds - I love warped and nobody does it better than Quentin Tarantino. The movie had a definite yuck factor but the story was good and Brad Pitt was so fun to watch.
- Adventureland - I saw this with DQ and she loved it. It wasn't a huge movie but it was pretty good.
- Duplicity - Julia Roberts is just about always fun to watch. So are caper flicks. Put the two together and I'm in.
- (500) Days of Summer - I really wanted to see this in the theatre but I missed it. Now it's sitting at home and as soon as I have a quiet moment I'll finally get to see it.
- Julie and Julia - I may be the last person who hasn't seen this one but I will. Meryl Streep and food equals WIN!
- The Blind Side - This sounds too good to miss. Who knows, maybe Stinkette and I will go see it this weekend.