Oct 21, 2010

Catching Up and Getting Ahead

I am thisclose to finishing the 3rd clue for the Through The Loops Mystery Sock. Ordinarily this would worry me except that I'm caught up or ahead with a bunch of stuff including the Dazzling Dozen Potholder Swap. It's all about perspective and right now, I think I'm doing ok.

I adore this potholder. In fact, of all the potholders I've made for this swap so far, I'd say that this is the one I'd be most likely to make for myself. There's nothing new or exciting about the yarn. As with all the other potholders, this is a mix of Tahki Cotton Classic and Elann Sonata. I'm not sure that the blue in the middle and the edge was the best choice but it works.

DSC_0381

Both of the patterns this time came from Beyond the Square Crochet Motifs by Edie Eckman. For the front I used Motif #54 which created the effect of little tabs catching the breeze.

DSC_0383

For the back I used Motif #32 which yielded and nifty, dense, fabric. One thing that I love about both of these patterns is the sense of movement and direction that comes through in both. I think that this should be a really useful potholder.

Now I need to finish the last few rows of sock 2 of my TTL 2010 pairs so that I'll be caught up for a little while... until the next clue drops later tonight.

3 comments:

Carole Knits said...

That's another great pot holder! I knit the heels for my mystery socks in the car on the way to Rhinebeck. It's nice being chauffeured.

margene said...

I adore the potholders, too!! It's very cool to have very different sides.

elspeth said...

Very nice potholders!