Oct 6, 2010

Randomness

Did you see this article yesterday on CNN? I was all about how researchers in Scotland and Spain have found that adding wool to bricks makes them stronger and more crack-resistant. How do ya like that? We always knew wool was great.

In case it isn't obvious, I'm feeling a little random today. Maybe it's because I've been tired all week. Maybe it's because I've got so many balls in the air. I really can't say.

Anyway, here's a picture that has me feeling happy and amazed. This was taken on Monday and it's proof that my girl really did wear a pink ribbon in her hair. Not only that - she told me that if we got more ribbons in other colors she could see herself wearing them more often. Considering that until recently she was all about super-short hair cuts and basketball shorts, this is shocking. Preferably, Stinkette would like plaid ribbons because that's her new thing. Her back to school wardrobe this year is a sea of plaid in shades of purple, green, and blue with the occasional argyle thrown in for good measure. My baby is becoming preppy!

DSC_0249

Speaking of Stinkerbelle, we'll be watching her play softball again this weekend. Did you know that softball games are great for knitting? At the tournament last weekend I managed to polish off the first clue for the TTL Mystery Sock for 2010. I did go with the plum Pagewood Farm yarn and I love it so far. If you'd like to see how the socks look so far you can check my flickr page here. Now I'm ready for the second clue to drop later tonight. Bring it!

1 comment:

Carole Knits said...

Adorable picture of Daria. Dale's favorite color is plaid. Just sayin.