Oct 14, 2010

Sturdy Stripey Socks

Here is one of the 2 pairs of socks that I finished a bit over 2 weeks ago. I am so happy that the weather and my family's schedule finally allowed me to get pictures.

DQ modeled these socks because they're for her. I have to note that because my girls have begun to fight over who gets to model each pair. Isn't that weird? I understand fighting over who gets the finished socks but battling over who gets to interrupt what they're doing so that they can help their geeky mom take pictures of knit socks is kind of funny and strange - but it makes me very happy.

DSC_0290

As DQ modeled the socks - moving this way and that - I noted just how fraternal they are.

DSC_0295

Then she moved her feet just a little bit and I realized that the stripes weren't as far off as I thought.

DSC_0296

I used ONLine Supersocke for these socks and I was well into these socks before I caught on to the fact that this yarn is sport weight. Incredible attention to detail huh? Anyway, I used my usual US 1 needles so the fabric feels really sturdy while still being soft enough to wear comfortably. I see DQ wearing these for a long time.

DSC_0293

4 comments:

margene said...

Who wouldn't want to model such pretty socks!!?

Manise said...

Cute socks! Yes they will wear like iron. And that is a good thing.

Carole Knits said...

Those are great socks - the colors are gorgeous!

Sarah said...

It is great that such bright, beautiful, and loved socks have a bit more to them so that they can be loved a little longer!