Oct 28, 2010

Happy Sock Day!

Today is a very good day! The sun is shining, the leaves are bright yellows and reds, my family is happy, and I am officially one year older.

Another good thing is my sock mojo which is flowing freely once again. Late last week I finished a pair of socks for Stinkette so I moved on to the TTL Mystery socks and finished clue #4.

IMG_3258[1]

Then because Stinkette wore her newly completed socks for 48 hours straight (ewwww) before we noticed and forced her to put them in the laundry, I started a new pair for her. These are dead-simple commuting socks in Creatively Dyed Calypso in a color called Giant.

IMG_3260[1]

Finally, last night I started a little something for me. I stuck to my plan and started a pair of Pointelle socks from Knit.Sock.Love. using a delicious skein of Spirit Trail Sunna. Are you shocked that they're not blue - or purple - or green? This color is called Harvest Moon and it is totally outside my usual palette but it's fabulous and I think it'll be awesome for these socks.

DSC_0449

You could say that these are a little gift to myself. All the glow of candles on a cake without the calories.

8 comments:

sprite said...

Happy birthday! All of today's socks, as well as yesterday's pair, look awesome.

May the upcoming year be your favorite one yet!

Carole Knits said...

Wow, you have been busy with the sock knitting! I need to finish the foot of the second mystery sock but I doubt I'll have it done before tomorrow's clue comes out.
Happy Birthday!

margene said...

I love your toes!!! Happy Birthday, Hillary!!

Manise said...

Happy Birthday Hillary! I've put my socks on the back burner. Got tired of repeatedly frogging the first 6 rows of the gusset as the tiny trowels was off by a row and other fooolishness. Glad to see yours are almost done!

Natalie Rush said...

Love of lovely socks! Happy Birthday!

Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

Happy Birthday! I love your toenails!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday! You are on fire with the socknitting!

Hope the sudden effect of one year's aging occurring all at once was not too painful. I'm having my turn today.

JessaLu said...

Happy Belated Birthday!