Oct 6, 2010

Potholder #5

I finished another potholder recently. I have to say that I'm really enjoying this swap. The more I crochet the better I get at it. Since I only have to do one a month I have the time to consider the patterns and work through them thoughtfully. I can try new stitches. I can even stop and check a few resources to be certain that I'm doing the stitches correctly.

Here is one side of the latest one.

DSC_0233

And a close-up.

DSC_0230

The pattern I used for this one was the Ripple Potholder by Claudia Lowman. The pattern was a good one with nice results but there were spots that I found unclear. I don't know if it's truly and issue with the pattern or if I'm just not familiar enough with crochet patterns. Maybe both.

Challenges aside, I really like the results. The pattern includes instructions to add an embellishment inside the center area but I like it plain. I think it's a strong enough design to stand just as it is.

Here is the flip side.

DSC_0232

And a close up of the same side.

DSC_0231

One of the most challenging things about this swap is tailoring each potholder to the recipient. This one in particular was fun because the recipient likes jewel tones which really aren't my thing. Stepping out of my comfort zone was a great experience though and it helped to keep things fresh for me.

On to the next one.

2 comments:

Carole Knits said...

It's beautiful and you have mad crochet skillz!

margene said...

The potholder looks like stained glass!! Nice work.