I don't know about you but the weather here has been crazy. Just over a week ago we were in the middle of a heat wave with temps in the 90's and today its so cold that I was thinking about breaking out my cute, new, wool, winter coat. I didn't do it though. I'm stubborn like that.
Anyway, the weather puts me in a the perfect fram of mind for today's topic - 10 Things To Love About Fall. Isn't that a great subject?
- The crispness in the air - the humidity fades away and instead we get air that feels fresh and envigorating. It's even better when someone has a fire going and you catch a hint of the scent of wood burning.
- Changing over to warmer clothes - I love being able to run out the door without a coat all summer but bundling up in my warm woolies is good too. Hello wool socks - I've missed you!
- My birthday - deep down inside I'm still a child and I love my birthday even if it's not quite as exciting as it once was.
- The colorful leaves - raking leaves is no fun but looking at them is. I love the way the light catches them just so and illuminates the yellows, oranges, and reds. Gorgeous.
- Apples - fall seems to go hand in hand with apples. I love apple pie, apple cider, apple sauce etc. It's all good.
- Carving pumpkins - I really love decorating the house for Halloween. I can't say that we do a great job of it but we do have fun.
- Fall Festivals - Fiber festivals are good, so are craft fests and others.
- The new season on TV - Now that we're no longer subjected to a summer full of reruns it's not quite as dramatic as it once was but it's still fun when all the shows we know and love come back - Grey's, Bones, Criminal Minds, Modern Family and more.
- Chili - comfort foods in general are a real positive for fall. Sure you can eat a steaming bowl of chili in the summer but in the fall it's extra nice when it warms you from the inside out.
- Knitting - Fall really inspires me to knit. In fact, I have so many projects that I just can't wait to knit that I can't seem to decide which to start first. Have you seen all the great sweater patterns out there right now?