Oct 18, 2010

Rhinebeck Again

Memory is a funny thing. Over time, an event that you enjoyed gets burnished with a certain rosey patina and those events that you loved fairly glow. Is it any wonder that reality rarely lives up to the memory?

DSC_0371

Those glowing memories are what inspired me to make reservations for Rhinebeck again this year. Recognition of the way that memory gets distorted is what led me to consider cancelling them but I'm so glad that I resisted. I had a really great time.

DSC_0377

My sister joined me again this year and we had even more fun. Here she is making a new friend. She even bought yarn! As she paid for it she commented that she'd never paid that much for yarn before which caused a woman nearby to gasp in surprise. Then I turned to her and explained that my sister doesn't knit and probably had never bought any yarn before.

DSC_0369

I bought yarn, I hung out with friends, and I saw some sites. In short my little weekend getaway had all the elements that make a great vacation.

DSC_0364

6 comments:

micah_gideon said...

Looks like you had a blast! Did Jess and the sheep get along?

Natalie Rush said...

Sounds like you had a great time!!!

Carole Knits said...

I'm so glad we both decided to go!

margene said...

Wonderful! Hanging with friends is just the best and then, there is the yarn! Thanks for the "Hi!"

Manise said...

Great seeing you!

Laurie said...

It was great to see you! Each Rhinebeck is different, but they all seem to be wonderful.