Aug 16, 2006

Funky Scarf Swap Questionnaire and Answers

Here are my answers to the recently posted Funky Scarf Swap questionnaire. I'm not sure if they'll be interesting to anyone but my swap pal but feel free to read on. If nothing else you can see a few of my favorite things which happen to be pretty neutral - perfect for Project Spectrum in August. Not the earrings of course, but the teapot and tree qualify.

Let’s get the allergy part out of the way. Are you allergic to any fibers? - Not that I know of. I tend to be a little wary of wool though because I know that people are often allergic to it. My skin has developed sensitivities to various things over the years so I can no longer wear things like watches with leather bands, silver jewelry and perfume – all of those cause itchy break outs for me. Sorry if that was too much information.

Do you prefer any fibers over others? - I like natural fibers. I never use or wear acrylic unless I am absolutely forced to.

Thinking back to Scout’s post about what funky means to you, post an image of something that you think is funky! - This was a hard one for me. Here is part of my collection of glass bead earrings. I love these but hubbo isn’t a fan. He calls them “whimsical” which sounds like a good thing unless you recognize this as his code for “ick”. I also think that this cow spotted tea set is kind of funky with the udders waving up in the air.
Funky EarringsCow teapot

Would you prefer funky yarn or a funky pattern? I think that I’d prefer a funky pattern and color combination. I’m not big on fuzzy or messy-looking yarn but a little bit used as a detail could be cool.

What are your favorite colors? - I really like most colors but I tend to gravitate towards blues and greens and purples. It’s really about the color combination and relationship for me. For example – I’m not usually big on yellow but paired with a gorgeous blue it’s wonderful.

What is your favorite piece of art? - I love Monet, Matisse, Hockney and many others but this is a picture of art I loved enough to buy it for myself. It’s a copper tree that I love. It was the first grown up art we bought for our house and I love it.
Copper Tree

What colors would you never have up close to your pretty face? - That’s hard to say - probably nothing really wild and bright but nothing pastel either.

Would you prefer an actual scarf or a cowl? - I’d prefer a scarf. I love the flexibility of being able to wrap myself up nice and warm or wear my scarf casually knotted for effect. I’ve never been big on cowls – they don’t look good on me either.

When you wear a scarf do you prefer a wider/shorter scarf or a thin/long scarf? - As you can see in yesterdays post, I love my scarf long and kind of thin. Not too thin though, because I want to wrap it around me and feel cozy.

What is the climate like where you live? - In the summer it’s hot and obscenely humid but in the winter it can get pretty cold here.

Would you prefer a functional scarf (to keep you warm) or one just to funk-up your wardrobe? - I have a few decorative scarves but I don’t often wear them - mostly because I forget to. I look forward to wearing my funky new scarf to keep me warm this winter.

What else would you like your partner to know about you? - I like funky things but not over the top crazy. In general I stick to a lot of black and fairly simple, classic, shapes.

2 comments:

micah_gideon said...

My vote goes out for scarfs and not cowls — I'm not positive what they are, but I'm pretty sure they aren't intended for guys. As for any details beyond that… whatever!

Anonymous said...

You are 'coming out' as a closet conservative with liberal yearnings.