Aug 24, 2006

Scarves, skies and the shawl of sadness

My daughters called last night. They began the call on a very serious note with expressions of how much they miss us. I’m sure they do but I suspect that the very grave tones they used were more for effect than anything else because they quickly became giggly and distracted by their cousins and that’s as it should be. They are having a blast! DQ even found a moment to harass me. I suggested that, if she misses her camp buddies so much, perhaps she should write letters to them. "Oh mom - writing letters is so 1900's . I live in the 2000's." Yeah, whatever!

8-24-06 sky

Isn’t this sky great? I saw it on the way to work this morning and I had to share. I’m sure that I’ll flake out on my Saturday Sky as usual so maybe this makes up for it just a little bit.

22 rows to go

I worked on Seraphim last night while Barbie Boy got auf’d on PR. I liked him but he really wasn’t doing anything terribly inspiring on the show. Anyway, I hope that you’re not too tired of hearing about Seraphim. This picture shows it after I knit 4 more rows last night - and I did one more row after I took this picture (I couldn’t help myself) so now there are 21 rows left. See how pitiful the poor hollow ball of yarn looks? I still haven’t heard about more yarn or come up with an alternative plan yet so I’ll probably only do 2 more rows and then put it on hold until I come up with a solution. *sigh*

While that’s sad for Seraphim, it means that I can shift my attention to one of my many other projects. Then again maybe I’ll cast on for the purple Elsebeth Lavold sweater. If I can’t wear Seraphim for the High Holidays then I’ll need to create something else quickly.

I could also start on of the 2 scarves that I have planned. I signed up for the funky scarf swap and I have a plan in mind but I need the yarn. Actually, I have the perfect yarn for the scarf. It’s Manos de Uroguay and I bought a whole bunch of it to make a vest or sweater for myself but it would be perfect for my pal so I went to they LYS looking for more. It wasn’t my favorite LYS and as usual I walked out of there with nothing. They had the Manos but I thought it was overpriced. I certainly didn’t pay that much for the skeins in my stash.

The funny thing was that there was a girl in the store shopping for red yarn while I was there. As I got ready to leave the store she mentioned that she was starting a scarf for the Red Scarf Project. Hooray! That’s the other scarf I want/need to make. You may recall that I made one for it last year. In fact I think it may be one of the first things I wrote about. There are a few cool buttons out there for it but I like this one from Scout.

Red Scarf '07

1 comment:

Knitting Granny said...

I love your blog - not just what you say and your pics (gorgeous sky) but also, all the little "extras" you have in your sidebar. I use blogspot, too, but haven't the slightest clue how to do those special things. So sad.