Mar 5, 2007

Falling Off the Wagon

Last weekend I decided that I wanted to knit a little gift for someone - a few dishcloths. So I went to my stash and pulled out 2 balls of Sugar 'n Cream and went to work. Here is the result of my efforts so far.

Dishcloth 1

This is yet another example of the ubiquitous Ballband Discloth. It's pretty and soft and I love it very much. Could there be a simpler pattern that gives such fun results?

Peaches & Cream StashI'm hoping that this will be one of a set of 3 so I went back to my stash to find more yarn for the coordinating dishcloths and this is what I found. Do you see the problem? It's a snoozefest. A whole lot of pink, purple, turquoise and white. Stinkerbelle chose these colors for her log cabin blanket (please don't ask about that - I'll finish it eventually) and I bought way too much. What I didn't buy was a lot of variegated "ombre" yarns to coordinate. I was in such a quandry because I've been really good so far about knitting from my stash. I really didn't want to break my streak but in the end I caved and went to AC Moore which would be forgivable if I got something helpful there. I didn't. I bought this instead - one ball of Sugar 'n Cream in Navy. What was I thinking? How does this help anything? Ugh!
The culprit

5 comments:

Carole Knits said...

I have lots of variegated sugar 'n cream. What colors are you looking for? Maybe I can help.

Melissa said...

Navy and pink will look cute. The navy and off white look good together also. Or, navy and white. :)

Cursing Mama said...

I thought yarn for specific gifts didn't count?

knitfriendly said...

Oh no! You fell off the wagon for Sugar and Cream??? Well, I would put the pink and navy together. It would make the pink pop.

KaKi said...

I have never used this pattern, but it is printing off as I write! I can't wait to try it. Thanks for the idea. Oh, about falling off the wagon, I don't think Sugar n Cream should count anyways!!!