Yesterday I mentioned that I got an ice cream maker for Hannukah. Here is the first creation it produced - Oreo Mint. Yum! It's the perfect thing to get me in the mood for the subject Carole and I came up with since there isn't an official one - 10 Favorite Things to Eat/Drink During the Holidays
- Latkes - you've got to eat them at least once during Hannukah. But it's best to eat them at someone else's house because otherwise your house will reek of latkes for days!
- Egg Nog - It's not for everyone but I like it.
- Hot chocolate - ideally it should snow during the holidays and snow and hot chocolate go hand and hand.
- Chinese food - if you want to find Jews on Christmas eve then check the Chinese restaurants. Srsly!
- Gingerbread Lattes - Just keep them coming.
- Candy Canes - Yum. I bet they'd go well in ice cream
- Cookies - gingerbread, sugar, chocolate chip even Snickerdoodles- they're all good.
- Chili - ok, I know this isn't exactly a traditional food but the holidays are all about warmth and comfort foods and chili is both. Besides, this is when I have the time to make it right.
- Cocktails - pick your poison. Sit back and relax with an adult beverage. Make mine a margarita.
- Meat - It could be london broil, brisket, or steak. The holidays are for family dinners and meat is usually the centerpiece.
What foods do you love to eat during the holidays?