As much as it seems too soon to be pondering the new year, the signs are there - it's time. Time to look ahead and plan for the future. Here's my list of 10 New Year's Resolutions.
- Get Healthy - Losing weight would be nice but getting up a flight of stairs without being winded would be even better.
- Read more with Stinkerbelle - she loves it and needs it. She's even into Carl Hiassen now so this could be fun.
- Get the stash under control - For real. I'm still formulating a plan. One that still allows fun but without having to buy more storage equipment.
- Declutter - Nothing drastic but I think it's time to remove some stuff that is no longer useful. Old dried out art supplies might be a start.
- Cook more - I used to cook a lot. Reasonably healthy dinners and breads etc. I've allowed the family to take over my kitchen a bit and I think I need to reverse that trend.
- Divide and replant my irises - not all resolutions have to be ambitious - just necessary.
- Design and execute a new plan for our side yard. - This year we'll to the garden up right!
- Find a new couch - After way too many years to count I want to stop hating the couch and find a happy replacement. I can celebrate by lighting the old nasty one on fire!
- Start to figure out the kitchen - It's the last big home project on my list. If I don't start now I may never get it done.
- Stay positive
New Year's resolutions are notoriously hard to stick to but as I look at this list I really do see myself sticking to many of these. What are your resolutions?