It still seems way to early to start talking about the holidays but the snow last weekend and the wintry weather we're expecting later today are certainly helping to put me in the right frame of mind. Here's a picture I took last weekend to set the stage for "10 Great Things About the Holidays."
- The Food - Hannukah gelt, potato latkes, Chinese food on Christmas Eve and whatever they serve at all the holiday parties. Yum!
- The Parties - Even the company parties can be a little bit fun but the ones with friends and family are the best.
- Friends and Family - Always!
- Giving presents - I love it when someone opens a gift I got for them and it's exactly the right thing. Some years the shopping is easier than others. I'm pretty sure that I'm spot on this year.
- Getting presents - I admit it, I like getting stuff too. There is a rather large package at home that's calling my name loudly.
- Baking - This is separate from the "food" entry because I find that the older I get the less likely I am to eat what I bake. It's all good but I get more joy from watching others eat it. Unless it's got apples in it. I'm all over apple desserts.
- Christmas Lights - For obvious reasons we don't put them up ourselves but I love to look at them. Sometimes I even take a long way home so I can see more of them.
- Time off -When isn't this a good thing? Is there ever a time this isn't welcome?
- Time to relax - Other times of the year are jam packed but at this time of the year I can usually squeeze in a little bit of down time.
- Snow - we don't get it very often but this time of year it just seems to fit.
What do you love about the holidays?