Apr 18, 2006

Knittin' Right Along

Bag for F - 1Here is the bag that I started on Saturday. See it hiding in the dogwood? I took the photo last night as the sun went down so it’s a little dark but the colors are pretty close to reality. The interesting thing about this bag is the welt around the base. It’s supposed to help the bag sit flat and it’ll be very interesting to see how it works out. I’m really cruising along on this project and I expect that I’ll be ready to felt it next week. Woo hoo!

J's leavesIn other news, the Embossed Leaves socks that I made recently have reached their new home and my sister, Jess, is putting them to good use. I promised that if she sent me a picture I’d post it. She did and I am. She also said that she was a little worried initially that her sensitive feet would be bothered by the feel of the knit on the sole of the foot but she has worn these sock with no problem. Yay!

I'm still resisting the urge to start Lindsey's sweater by my resolve is fading fast. The girls and Bruce were looking at me with pity last night because they know how hard I'm trying not to start that sweater. How sad is that? I'll start it soon though because I'm finishing the P-word socks and the bag surprisingly quickly. I hope I didn't just jinx myself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your sister Jess thanks you profusely for the socks--they'll look fabulous with the new flip flops I purchased today--hahaha. Seriously--go into business--they are that comfy!

Anonymous said...

Hey there-saw your comment to my post on knitty and came by to check things out. Nice socks... I'm still working on my first pair.. I should have them finished for the next snowfall-ha ha ha...

BTW love !!! the "leave a comment button" where can in get one... better yet maybe you can tell me how to make one

Anonymous said...

Wow, the socks fit perfectly, great work! And the bag is getting along so fine, such a vibrant color!