Apr 14, 2006

Yellow and orange finally make their debut

I started putting together the pictures for my Project Spectrum montage at the very beginning of the month but I wasn’t really happy with the first batch so I tried again – and again. These are still somewhat lame but I think they may be as good as it gets.
Orange * Yellow - take 2
Row by row from the top left: range Chibi & gold stork scissors; a few books and the clown guy from the circus; FP schoolbus (who doesn’t have one) and a block; my big carryall bag – it’s usually filled to overflowing with knitting and reading material; the Sit ‘n Spin – it’s so wrong to add electronic do-dads to classic toys; orange Tic-tacs; light plate that I found years ago at a fair; forsythia – it used to grow in the yard of the house I grew up in and now it’s in the yard of the home I own, hmmmm; dandelions – I don’t eat ‘em but I don’t mind ‘em either; the steering wheel to nowhere in the playhouse we built for my girls; an orange box contributed to the survey by Stinkerbelle; the plastic pumpkin that holds our candy every Halloween.

***

I’ve seen this Meme a here and here and here and I decided to play along for a change. Wikipedia is such a cool thing and as I put this together I learned a few things. I also found more than 3 items for a few categories.

Do a Wikipedia search of your
birthdate, minus the year; list three interesting events, three people who were born, and three people who died on that day.

Events
1. 1492 - Christopher Columbus lands in Cuba.
2. 1868 - Thomas Edison applied for his first patent, the electric vote recorder.
3. 1886 - In New York Harbor, Grover Cleveland dedicates the Statue of Liberty.
4. 1919 - Prohibition begins: The U.S. Congress passes the Volstead Act over President Woodrow Wilson's veto.
5. 2005 - Plame affair: Lewis Libby, vice president Dick Cheney's chief of staff, is indicted in the Valerie Plame case. Libby resigns later that day.

Births
1. 1914 - Jonas Salk, American medical scientist (d. 1995)
2. 1949 - Bruce Jenner, American athlete
3. 1955 - Bill Gates, American software pioneer
4. 1967 - Julia Roberts, American actress

Deaths
1. 1818 - Abigail Adams, First Lady of the United States (b. 1744)
2. 1998 - Ted Hughes, English poet (b. 1930)
3. 2002 - Erling Persson, Swedish entrepreneur (b. 1917)

Have a great weekend! Happy Easter/Passover! I hope to have more actual knitting content on Monday.

2 comments:

micah_gideon said...

Guess who shares a birthday with your favourite singer,
Bono?

If you guessed: my little brother, Micah, then you'd be correct! (There are other correct answers too, but that's the most important.)

snowdrop said...

big pack tic tacs?! I didn't know there was such a thing! nice blog!