Nov 29, 2010

Thankful

I'm back! I was in New York for the holiday visiting family and friends and staying in a home with the weakest wi-fi evah! So much for my plans to blog during my vacation.

Although it's not Thursday and Thanksgiving is behind us now, I'm feeling very thankful for the weekend that was so here's my last "Thankful" post for November.

1. I am thankful that my girls are such good travellers. The drive to and from NY was still awful but not nearly as bad as it would've been if they were fidgeting, complaining, or required regular pit stops.

2. I am thankful that, as my brother-in-law said, everyone who was around our table for Thanksgiving last year, was there again this year. Given the fragile state of my mother-in-law's health this is saying a lot. I only hope that I can say the same thing next year.

3. I am beyond thankful that my trip to NY included a lengthy visit with my grandparents. We enjoyed a lovely lunch together (Ny deli - yum!), my grandfather played games with my girls, and we all laughed a lot. It is truly a gift that my girls are able to enjoy the same kind of relationship with my grandparents that I have - and love hanging out with them.

DSC_0625

4. As much as I enjoyed our trip, I am so thankful to be home again. I never sleep as well anywhere else.

1 comment:

Carole Knits said...

You are so lucky to still have your grandparents and I know they have enriched the girls' lives as well!