Sep 2, 2006

Ernesto Was Here - Saturday Sky 9/2/06

broken umbrellaYesterday was cold, windy, and wet as Ernesto blew through Northern Virginia. There are many people in areas that are flooded or powerless. Although my lawn is covered with random branches and leaves that were liberated from the trees, I’m pleased to report that the only casualty at my home is my umbrella. I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to look like this.

Today started off pretty gloomy but, as you can see from my Saturday sky, it’s starting to clear. If I look down my street to the right, the sky is still dark and cloudy but to the left, the clouds are fluffy and white with patches of blue peeking through.

clearing sky

This picture is taken as I look straight ahead. You can see hints of the grey clouds and the blue sky. While the weather is far from perfect, it shows plenty of promise for tomorrow which is an incredible relief. Sounds like we’ll have perfect weather for our BBQ. I’d better start cooking!

Thanks to everyone who left suggestions about how to chase away the end of summer blahs. Naturally, I started by placing an oder with Knit Picks. Yarn is a great picker uppper. Last night we watched Mr. & Mrs. Smith which was fun and lifted my spirits a bit too but the best boost to my morale arrived in the mail today. This former New Yorker got a visit from none other than Henry Hudson of Yarn Aboard fame. Woo hoo! I'll have to tell you all about it on Monday. We're still getting acquainted.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm glad the weather wasn't too harsh!
Can't wait to see what the Hudson brought you!

Anonymous said...

That is an awesome looking umbrella and I'm sad for it. But, I'm very glad that was all the aftermath you had from Ernesto!