Sep 8, 2006

Late for Dinner

A funny thing happened on my way home from work last night. I got to my car in the commuter garage and started it but then I turned it right back off and I went nowhere for an hour and a half. Yep - an hour and a half. That’s how long it took me to finish the book I was reading. I had been reading it on the train and I was at a really good part. I picked it up with the intent of finishing the few pages left in the chapter and the next thing I knew the book was finished and I no longer needed my sunglasses on.

I felt somewhat sheepish because the family had been waiting, with dinner on the table, for me to get home. Oooops! In my defense I can only say that it was a really good book. Most of the family groaned and looked at me funny but one person was proud of me. The Drama Queen assured me that she understood. That’s my girl! She’s a reader just like me and she’s proud of it.
I worked on the hat again last night. It was easy since the book was all finished. I won’t bore you with another picture though. I’ll wait until it’s finished for that. It shouldn’t be long.

This weekend wasn’t supposed to be a busy one but it’s shaping up that way. Stinkette starts swimming lessons tomorrow morning (translation = knitting time for me) and both girls start Sunday school again. There is also a rummage sale for DQ’s Girl Scout Troop that I need to help out at on Sunday. Oh, and let’s not forget that my favorite craft fair is in town this weekend. That’s a must!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Well now I have to know - what was the book??

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the Yarn Aboard box! It arrived this afternoon, and I'll be posting a photo shortly. I love everything you've chosen -- it is so "me." :) Thank you for the obvious care and time you put into the package.

I'm new to your site, but thrilled to see you're a librarian and love books. I'm an ex-librarian myself, and the idea of sitting an hour and a half in the car to finish a book sounds perfectly normal and wonderful to me!

micah_gideon said...

Yeah, what was the book?  I've done that so many times — but usually it's late at night and no one was waiting for me...

Elspeth said...

I've done that with knitting so many times!

I'm already nostalgic with those '80s fashions, and you had to remind me of my favorite craft fair! The ones here in California suck, they are not even real crafts! Have a great time ...

Krista said...

Sounds like something I would do with "This American Life" on my car radio!

Melissa said...

I have fantasies of doing that and just knitting. I also listen to books on CD sometimes and sit in the car at home so I can finish. LOL!