Sep 26, 2006

Evilness

I’m still alive! There were no socks in my mailbox yesterday so I can still call myself a warrior. I checked my assassin’s blog and she claims that she hasn’t even started the second sock yet but… I dunno. She could just be messin’ with me. I would if I were her. She could be lulling me into a false sense of security so that I’ll be really and truly shocked when the socks arrive.

I’ve been very busy with the knitting but I don’t have any progress to report that’s really worthwhile and I’d rather talk about the National Book Festival. I mentioned it in a posting in August but it’s much closer now. In fact, it’s this Saturday and I really can’t wait.

Saturday
9-30
Mostly
Sunny
Hi 67°F

See that? Doesn’t that sound like the perfect weather for a stroll on the National Mall… with books! It just doesn’t get much better than that unless there is fiber involved and obviously there will be. Let me know if you plan to be there. Maybe we can arrange a meet up. I’m not sure which project(s) will come with me. Understandably, it depends a lot on what the mailman brings.

I’ve been reading a bit of what’s been said on the Sock Wars forum and I have to say that it’s a little alarming at times. Not just because some people are superfast knitters. I’m more troubled by the lengths that people will go to win. Seriously! There was a discussion of whether or not to send your assassin your snail mail address when requested. Of course you do! It’s just good sportsmanship.

I’ve told my girls for ages that I’m just a mean mommy. I may even have claimed to be evil on occasion but perhaps I’m not as evil as I thought. Here’s proof.
You Are 22% Evil

A bit of evil lurks in your heart, but you hide it well.
In some ways, you are the most dangerous kind of evil.

1 comment:

Cursing Mama said...

I would totally be dead in the sock wars!