Jun 15, 2008

L is for...

Lindsey! You know her better as DQ which, depending on who you ask, stands for either Drama Queen or Dancing Queen. She's both.

DSC_1282

This L is very well timed because the past week or so has been full of events to celebrate her completion of elementary school. Very often at these things, she begs me to put the camera away and occasionally hides behind stuff. Like here at the band concert. This would be one of the rare moments that she was not hiding behind a music stand or rolling her eyes at me.

DSC_1128

I can forgive her though because at the awards assembly on Friday - my girl rocked the house! She got many honors and awards recognizing her participation in various clubs and activities but there were 2 that stood out. She received an award for being on the straight A honor roll all year and the President's Award for Educational Excellence. (For obvious reasons we're going with presidential in the abstract.) I was glowing all weekend long.

L at MV

That was a little immodest and show-offy and I apologize but I may never get another moment like this so please forgive if I bask in the glow for a little while. Even without the awards I'm super proud of my girl. She is helpful and responsible and really down to earth.

IMG_2101

In short, L is for Lindsey, my first born who never fails to amaze and inspire me. I love her very much.

5 comments:

margene said...

She's a great kid!! Great kids have great parents!

Yes, you do show up on Google immediately. Bloglines is the pits.

Anonymous said...

You forgot to include that she has great taste in knitware.

Carole Knits said...

Congrats on those awards, Lindsey!

Sarah-potterknitter said...

Yeah for the DQ!

Anonymous said...

You have every right to bask in the glow! Congratulations to Lindsey!!!