Jun 17, 2008

State of Lace

I started this stole a week ago and this is what it looked like when I went to be last night. Not bad, eh? I have finished the bottom border and tonight I hope to start the mid section. I'm hoping that if I do a repeat every night or 2 then I ought to have this done in plenty of time to wear it with my new dress to the party at the end of August and the one in September too.

So far I'm very happy with this project and I'm finding it an easy knit even though there are no rest rows. It's very intuitive and any errors have been caught pretty quickly. The yarn is lovely to work with too. It's Fino from Alpaca With a Twist and it's perfect. The color and feel are wonderful.

DSC_1326

I also like the beads I chose and I think that they add just the right amount of sparkle. I'm just not sure if I placed them correctly. Overall they're fine in the middle of the diamonds but the spot where I added them is a SK2P and I'm not sure that I chose the right stitch to attach them to. The problem is that they seem to want to sink into the stitches. At this point, I've come too far to rip and re-do so I'm going to go with it and hope that it's all set right in the blocking.

Not sure what I'll post tomorrow because I'm thisclose to finishing a pair of socks AND I've been getting my 10 minutes a day of spinning in lately too. I can't remember the last time that I was so productive.

5 comments:

margene said...

Very pretty and the beads are perfect!!

Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

That's gorgeous! I love the color, it's a perfect shade and the beads do look great with it.

Cursing Mama said...

So pretty! Can't wait to see how the beads lay out after blocking.

Carole Knits said...

The stole is coming along beautifully. The beads look fine to me.

Marisol said...

This is beautiful! What pattern is it?