Jun 30, 2008

All Filled Up

Look at this. When I decided to follow Carole and commit myself to spinning 10 minutes a day, the pink bobbin was full and I had just begun the purple one but they had been sitting for a really long time. It was kind of pathetic.

DSC_0061Since I pulled my wheel out of the corner and dedicated myself to spinning more, I've finished the purple, spun the entire Loop batt (green), and I'm nearly finished spinning some roving in a color called Sour Grapes from Spunky Eclectic. The last of my 6 bobbins is on the wheel right now, partially filled with more of the Sour Grapes so as soon as I finish that I'll start plying this all up. I just can't wait to see how it all turns out.

I took this picture in a hurry last night so it's blurry and crappy and generally lame but, if the picture was better you'd see that the sppinning has been much better lately. I still have my moments where Charlotte gets ahead of me and much cursing ensues but they happen much less often. Mostly, I just sit and spin for way longer than ten minutes while hearing about what my girls did in camp or watching tv. The biggest problem I have now is deciding what to spin next. Another Loop batt? My Sheep to Shoe kit? Merino tencel? Should I finally try the Cormo? Decisions, decisions. I could just take out the drum carder and make up a batt of my own. Hmmmmm....

3 comments:

margene said...

So many possibilities! And the question is what to do with the lovely yarn!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Carole came up with this 10 minutes a day thing; it's really gotten me motivated to work on my spinning. I really need the practice. Your spinning looks great!

Carole Knits said...

Wow that's a lot of spinning! I love how colorful it all is!