Dec 8, 2010

The Future of Photography

I haven't been using my camera quite as much lately but it's still gotten quite a bit of use. Especially when we were in NY. There, on Thanksgiving, my niece Ashley had a lot of fun with it. It turns on that a DSLR is pretty high on her wish list so I let her play with mine.

DSC_0587

She started out with a basic lens and then, when she told me that she really wanted a macro lens I pulled mine out. Things got really interesting then. There were lots of pictures of soda, candy dishes, fingers flying over the keys of the piano, and adult beverages.

DSC_0584

Of course it's inevitable that a camera with a macro lens attached is going to be drawn to flowers. she took a few nice shots of the flowers that night.

DSC_0580

Tomorrow I hope to post pictures of a finished object. It's one of the few gifts I knit this year for the holidays and I'm hoping that it's arrived at it's destination by now. Warning, it's not exactly family friendly.

3 comments:

Carole Knits said...

You could be a great mentor to her new photography skills!

Laurie said...

A not family friendly FO piques the imagination.

Manise said...

I second Carole and Laurie's comments.