May 12, 2006

Hike - To go on an extended walk for pleasure or exercise

I was gonna write about all kinds of other stuff today but then I saw the new KAL that Margene and Norma started and I knew I had to join. I told Blogless Felicia about it and I think she’s still laughing at me. She’s been scheming to get some form of exercise into my life for a while. Two of the more memorable recent suggestions were 8 am Saturday yoga (so wrong for so many reasons beginning with the fact that I’m not a morning person) and working out while Stinkerbelle does her swimming lessons (Hello! That’s prime knitting time).

I’m truly not exercise averse – I just haven’t found a form of it that I like. I’m not big on the gym and I’m way too uncoordinated for most aerobics classes. I’ve been toying with the idea of bicycle riding but that’s a little problematic. I bought a bike a few (5 or 6) years ago and, being a bit of a do-it-yourself-er, I declined to have the nice men who know what they’re doing put the bike together. I’ve put together gas grills and furniture and even had success with a few electrical projects around the house. How bad could a bike be? Well… I got it put together and took it on an inaugural ride but I was afraid that I might not have done such a hot job with the brakes and even I can appreciate their importance. Since then the bike has been hanging from the ceiling in my basement waiting to have someone with a clue to look it over. I was gonna take it down this summer but now I may not have to.



trekwithmebutton99_1

I’m gonna Trek Along With Norma & Margene! Hiking once or twice a month is totally do-able and I have a list of people in mind that I can force coerce invite to come with me. I’ll be in North Carolina at least twice this summer which will provide opportunities and I’m sure I can think of lots of other places to hike. The outlet shopping mall perhaps? A good friend pointed out that hiking is actually just a long walk and that technically we hiked MDS&W last weekend. Too true! My feet can attest to that.

There is one catch. I nearly bought some Trekking XXL at MDS&W last weekend but I didn’t so that may be one of the few sock yarns that I don’t have yet. Shhh… don’t tell the dh that I need to buy more yarn or he may go over the edge.

Happy Mother’s Day and have a great weekend!

No comments: