May 1, 2006

May!

Today is the first day of May and I couldn’t be happier! There are so many reasons to love May but here are a few.

My lawn – the nasty, dead, straw-like, zoysia grass – comes to life. By the middle of the month I will have a yard full of lush, green, barefoot grass.

The Project Spectrum color for May is green - one of my favorite colors.

The Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival – I’m going this year for the first time!

The pool opens in just a few short weeks.

The anniversary of the day we adopted Frankie – our crazy turtle.

Birthdays! May is full of birthdays for all of the people I love. There are my siblings, Jessica and Micah, my cousins David and Lily, my friend Felicia, my nephew Josh and… drum roll please… Stinkerbelle!

I also have a feeling that this will be a great knitting month.
Warshrag 1On Saturday I finished the Pomatomi and that night I frogged the MDK Washrag, cast it on again and finished it before sundown on Sunday. It was the perfect project to end April with - yellow for the month that was ending and green for the one that was about to begin. Then I started 2 more projects. Stinky socks - take 2I finally started another pair of socks for Stink out of her Kool Aid yarn and I started the ribbing section for the U-neck top in the Spring/Summer VK 06. (What an unoriginal and boring name for a sweater). Whew! I did most of the knitting while I sat in my yard and got my first sunburn of the year. Ouch!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yep, that's certainly some great reasons to love May - it's my favorite month as well, so looking forward to it!
The washrag you did looks so amazing, I love the colorways you used in both projects!

Anonymous said...

May is great and I too am quite excited for the green of PS this month!

Your wash rag was indeed the perfect project. I love it!